Tour of Duty 4: Special Operations
Mission 3: "...But Hate the Traitor"
- Destroy Targets of Opportunity
- Snipes reassigned
- Wait for Alastor gun platforms to be destroyed
- Destroy all NTF Fighters
- Protect GTT Omega Civilian Transport
- Destroy second wave of NTF Fighters - 4 wings + NTFC Saharan (Primary 1/1)
- Reinforcements will come in from subspace to help out.
All in all, this is a pretty easy mission. Things begin suspiciously - your fighter comes in slightly behind the others and doesn't have the steam to take out targets unless you use the afterburners. Then, when a civilian transport arrives and pleads to leave under the Beta Aquilae convention, the flight leader asks you to destroy it. Don't wait for the fighters to turn to red signals - start taking them out now! As long as the signals are green, the fighters won't move, giving you a chance at fighting them all off.
The GTT Omega should be relatively okay - any further squadrons will be after you. Luckily, Command should find your signal and inform you of incoming reinforcements. The mission quickly turns into an old-fashioned shootout with 6 wings of fighters and two dueling cruisers. Work on the cruiser if you can to give the GTVA ship a shot at the various fighters. When the NTF forces are destroyed, the mission is complete.
End Mission Briefing:
- End of GTVI campaign run
- Commander Snipes considered MIA
- Vital NTF Schematic data was hidden onboard your ship
Briefing: Admiral Petrarch
- GTVA Colossus has secured the Epsilon Pegasi area, taking out several NTF capital ships.
- Total allied victory over the NTF predicted in less than 30 days.
- The Ancients before they created a Portal were wiped out 8000 years ago by the Shivans.
- Portal named the "Knossos Device"
- Intelligence has determined that Bosch located artifacts in Deneb that could reactivate Knossos.
- Bosch sent the NTF Trinity to reactivate it.
- The Reactivation lured the Shivans to the nebula.
- GTW ML-70 Morning Star Energy Cannon released to GTVA.
- EMP Missile released to GTVA.
Tour of Duty Four:
Mission 1 |
Mission 2 |
Table of Contents - Tour of Duty: